Wednesday, 14 February 2007

Competitive, Me?


Ok, so I'm not the yummiest mummy at the childcare centre. Not the most-organised, the most well-groomed, not the coolest, youngest or the most 'in-the-know'. But if I say one thing for myself, I always put on a good show when it comes to cake-making and gift-giving. The personalised pocket mirrors I made for Christmas, with individual 'portraits' by the boys of their teachers, were very well-received.

So for Valentine's Day I have taken an idea from Matha Stewart Living and made little bags of red lollies for all of Jules' friends and teachers, with printed card tops. We filled the bags together (Jules thought it was the best thing since sliced bread, and ate half the sweeties). I'm pleased with how they came out. Jules told me 'Mum, you're the best maker in the whole world'. That's much better than being a yummy mummy, I think!

5 comments:

Calamity Tat said...

I can't see the photo Grrrrr sulking now... I think you're a fab mummy...I am a tired mummy...

Calamity Tat said...

And a sad one!

AnastasiaC said...

so cute!! Im sure they were impressed....

malene sørensen said...

It is amazing how many great ideas you have. It is the cutest thing, I can understand why you boy think your great. You are a fab mummy.

kate said...

great job!! I love to see martha stewert ideas done in real life. Your blog is so cute, I hope I get you as my swap partner!