Tuesday, 20 February 2007

I've managed to find some great vintage kids items recently, here are my faves:



A vintage Fisher Price Ferris Wheel toy. I loved FP toys as a kid, and their charm has not waned. My boys can still spend hours playing with them, arranging and re-arranging all the Little People in the different scenarios!


A large stash of Little Golden Books with vinyl records


Three Jigsaws with stunning 1950s illustrations. I am going to have these blown up into posters for the boys' playroom

2 comments:

Marc said...

Your Ferris Wheel looks great! The one I have has lost some of it's lithos and part of the color is faded. The Ferris Wheel has always been one of my favorites! I like the little guy who has to turn the crank!

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness! I don't know if this is what they were really called, but we called them weebels when I was a kid. I have the Treehouse, treehouse lighthouse, and school. I carted them around through many an apartment until I finally settled down and had kids to pass them on to. Now they are some of my sons' favourite toys!