Sunday, 27 May 2007

DAYLESFORD






My town, Daylesford, was featured in the Guardian (UK) today as one of the top 'alternative hotspots' in the world. Have a look here. It is all pretty much true, Daylesford is an amazing place to live and it has just about everything: yummy local food, art, beautiful buildings, vintage stores, gay and lesbian festival, pretty scenery, mineral springs and spas, bookshops and good coffee, yet all with a 'small town' feel. Two things to point out, though - firstly, my children are not the 'attractively feral' ones referred to in the article (I don't like to see kids in tatty old cardies with ratty hair, is it just me? Am I too European?), and secondly that's not me sitting on the hay in the photo!

4 comments:

Meet Me at Mikes said...

Oh.. you are so much prettier than the Hay-Lady! Great Pics! Makes me want to come and drink coffee and eat pizza and buy things I don't need and feed ducks and things like that! xx and have a great week! Pip

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately though, the more people talk about beautiful towns like Daylesford, the more people visit them, want to live there etc, and the less attractive they become because they end up too busy, with too many people like the places people were trying to get away from to start with.

AnastasiaC said...

i was reading about it in a 'Visit Victoria' catalogue over the weekend...would love to visit your town - looks great!
maybe christmas holidays!

Dana said...

i love Daylesford, no matter what!x