Sunday, 19 August 2007

I've spent the last few days at the Magnolia Square market in Melbourne. It was hard work and I lost my voice, but Angela and I had a few giggles and the best thing was meeting in person lots of lovely crafty blog girls, including Lara, Jodie, Miss Marzie, Vicki, Nichola and Justine. And Dana and Kerry too. And Jo. Hi everyone! ( I'll post some links when I'm back on top of things). We shared a tiny room with two fab designers - Little Chipipi and Little Living Spaces. Erin from Little Living Spaces brought along this cute doll, made by her mum when she was little!


Auntie Cookie was there too and her stall looked awesome, I thought it was the best of all. Ours looked pretty good though, and Angela managed to sneak in some needlework between the busy periods!


Home to sick kids, a sick husband and a million junk emails. Forget about the emails, they can wait until tomorrow. Now that everyone's settled in bed I'll check my favourite blogs insead, and do some crafting. I have just finished these baby shoes - in a Denyse Schmidt cotton with an orange felt sole for contrast. They are too easy! I pulled apart an old leather pair that Jacob had as a baby and use them as a pattern. I'm going to go and try them in some other fabrics right now.



It's good to get back to designing and making stuff after being 'out on the road' for what feels like weeks!

7 comments:

posiepatchwork said...

Oh, i feel so honoured i got to see those shoes last weekend, they are so super cute!! Glad Magnolia Square was a success, they are hard work - markets, lots of energy & smiling at excited customers. Lots of tourists in Darwin ask me if i go to Magnolia Square, it has quite the following. Alas, it's like Victoria is a different country to the NT. Congratulations, is that the end of market & trade shows for a while?? Sorry hear ALL your boys are unwell, you must need that like a hole in the head!! We've been swimming all week so can't relate to sniffles. Well done Mrs Lark, you deserve every success & make more booties!! Love Posie

Violet & Rose said...

The shoes look every bit as cute as you described. And I went home to sick kids (round II) as well. Great to see you again.

Cathy said...

hope you are having a well deserved rest. Love those shoes. It was great to meet you and see all of your lovely things.

Jodie said...

Yay lark,
I think your stall was just as beautiful and Aunty Cookies. You must have been exhausted ! It was just great to meet you and I promise I don't buy everything in the Ballarat op-shops.(I think it's my mum)
Jodie

Dana said...

Hey Allison - great to see you at Magnolia Square - how strange - Mahlie lost one of her little shoes like that the other day so I unpicked the remaining one to copy it! That's if i ever get around to it... hope you got your voice back!

AnastasiaC said...

sounds like it all went well!!!
wish i could have been there...we need some handmade/crafty markets in sydney too!

Claire Falkingham said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous shoes! Glad the Market went well, I'm down to do 'Hope Street Market' in Surry Hills (NSW) in Oct - and I've been reading everyone's adventures at Magnolia with interest - I should get some sleep now then?