Tuesday, 2 October 2007


Artist Catherine Swan is exhibiting at the Orson & Blake Gallery in Surry Hills, Sydney, from October 6 - November 4. She sent me this wonderful image of one of her 'Happy Trees', a smiling screenprinted tree with vintage story book birds huddled around it. I wish I could go to the opening, I just know I would love Catherine's work!

PS talking of artworks, I was asked this week by someone at Saatchi and Saatchi if I could make them some knitted human heads! I often receive strange requests (knitted flowers, a knitted womb etc....) but this takes the biscuit. I said no, but if there are any crafty girls who can make human heads out there, please get in touch!

3 comments:

posiepatchwork said...

Wow, wacko, i mean, is there a bigger advertising firm than the Saatchis?? Nigella isn't silly. Knitted heads, hmmmm . . . i get strange requests too, but not quite that perculiar. Love Posie

Kirsty said...

I Love that Happy Tree.

AnastasiaC said...

im not too far from Surry Hills...thanks for the heads up
Love the 'Happy Trees'...
you should have said you'd take on the Saatchi request only if you and your blogging friends can meet Nigella!...swoon...i love Nigella!