Thursday, 18 October 2007


You've got to love Cath Kidston! I used to shop in her first little store in Notting Hill when I was living in London, and I've been a groupie ever since.

In those days she used to sell lots of vintage items alongside her retro prints. I bought a beautiful vintage crochet granny blanket that became Jacob's baby blanket and now graces an armchair. It might all be a bit ubiquitous now, but every season I still find something that makes me gasp in awe! This season it's the Sewing House Basket and Toadstool Pin Cushion (above).

And look, there is a competition on the website to Make Your Own Stanley and win a prize!

6 comments:

one little acorn said...

Ooooh - I love the Toadstool pin cushions. Very cute!
I lived in London for a number of years and spent many Sundays trawling through local car boot sales... what bargains, what discarded treasures to be found. Car boot sales here just aren't the same. Those were the days!

Tamara said...

It is on my list of shops to visit tomorrow, when I go to London.
We are having a great time in England. Can I ask a favour, what was the name of the town near Cambridge which you said was worth a visit (lots of lovely op-shops, you mentioned).
Loving this area of England will do a post on my blog when I get back. Cheers

Lark said...

Hi Tamara, I'm soooo jealous of you right now! The town is Stamford, it's well worth a visit, tehre are some lovely old pubs for lunch too! Can't wait to hear about your adventures...

Allison x

posiepatchwork said...

Hi Allison, I have the Cath Kidston sewing box with the roses & pale blue background with tiny spots, red handle, internal pin cushion in the lid!! It was my birthday gift this year from super Drew & the children. I love it & put things i have to use every day in there, just so i have to open it. It's so lovely. Shipping it to Australia cost about the same as the actual box, but that's OK, it gives me such joy!! Love Posie

zoesquid said...

Hi Allison,
Thanks for the competition link. I have some leftovers from another project which might be perfect for this. Have a great weekend.

Joshua said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.