Thursday, 8 November 2007


For some reason I am obsessed with cupcakes this spring! This is a new design I have just finished. It is a bit more girly than my usual cherry-topped cupcakes, it has a candy flower on top. I originally designed it as part of this special set in a pink gingham box for the Seed children's stores (they will have them in their stores from December), but I am so taken with it that I think I will make some more, in all sorts of cupcakey colours!


Talking of girliness and cupcakes, the Magnolia Square Christmas Market will be taking place from 22-24 November at Malvern Town Hall. I will be there with my knitted goodness, and Miss Buttons will once again be gracing the Lark stall.


And yet more girliness (but no cupcakes, alas!), here are some of the pretty buttons, craft smocks and accessories I have just made for Donna of Country House Antique Textiles in Devon, England.



Donna is a passionate collector of vintage fabrics and has even created a dedicated 'fabric room' in her house, lined with vintage habadashery shop fittings full of old fabrics and trims. Can you imagine? Donna sent me a little package a few weeks ago, bursting with scraps of the prettiest 1930's-1950's fabrics and I have used many of these for her order.



Vintage fabric lovers - you must visit Donna's website, she has many lovely prints for sale, she ships all over the world, and I can guarantee you will fall in love with something! She writes a great blog too!

5 comments:

Donna said...

Oooooooh how gorgeous, I can't wait to see them :-)

Thank you for your kind words Allison, I need those right now x

Meet Me at Mikes said...

Wowwweee! What a lovely load of Larkiness!

Virginie said...

i can wait to visit for the first time the magnolia square market....they are so many talented artists down there (if i refer to their website) and to your creations!!!! lovely....see you soon.....

posiepatchwork said...

Oh, those cupcakes are super lovely, i can't wait to receive my next batch. Super sweet as always. What fun you're having Allison, everything you produce is simply gorgeous. Love Posie

boobook said...

i was holding your knitted lamingtons at Mikes today and I just wanted to let you know that they feeling like lamingtons. Just enough spring to make them feel eatable and to trick my mind into believing it too!
great work!