Friday, 16 November 2007

RE-DISCOVERING ADELAIDE

Jacob and I went to Adelaide, just the two of us, as a treat for his 6th birthday. Paul and I lived there for a while once, when I was pregnant with Jacob, so it was interesting to go back after seven years, and think about all the changes that have taken place in my life since then. I took these photos of old and interesting signs, which I saw everywhere around this pretty town.











In Port Adelaide we discovered a Salvo's thrift shop that was located in a former menswear shop. Inside they still have the original vintage shop fittings, and I was in heaven!





5 comments:

posiepatchwork said...

Oh, how funny, my husband was in Adelaide this week too. Wow, i'm surprised you didn't get a crow bar out to see if you pinch some of those shop fittings in the Op Shop.
Many thanks for the haul of Lark goodness which arrived today. Darwin won't know what hit them when i take the rulers, magnets & more cakes to market. Those Christmas angels will be going home with some very lucky little girls & boys for sure. They make cute earrings as my son modelled for me, bless him. Every piece if unique & gorgeous, yippee!!
Love Posie

belleandboo said...

I was in a baby shop on Brick lane, London last weekend and came a cross some of your gorgeous buttons,
Mandy :)

Meet Me at Mikes said...

HOW good are those fittings? Kentish Suits! How ace - I'd love to do a shop like that - and nouveau vintage and full of charming slogans and bright colours. The old signs are gorgeous... and Haighs sounds like a plenty good idea.. I bet you got some lovely chocolate frogs! Cam loves their superdark cooking chocolate - but only because no one else will eat it!

the wreath witch said...

sounds like you 2 had a good time. I'd love to see that thrift shop. I forgot that your spring is our winter. so have a nice spring holiday. -Pat

marianne said...

Haigh's was always the first stop I would make when I went to Adelaide..thank goodness that they finally opened up in Sydney!