Friday, 14 December 2007

VINTAGE FINDS

I haven't had much opportunity to visit my favourite charity shops recently, but that hasn't deterred me from sniffing out a few vintage beauties at garage sales and on eBay. Here are a few of my best finds...

A set of ballet placemats

A cute vintage Swiss clock with a girl on a swing!

A set of children's mystery books, I love the jacket designs.

Various old shops signs and boxes to decorate my verandah (watch this space!)

An old Sylko shop display, complete with dozens of old rolls of thread!



Vintage Christmas pillowcases, I am always looking out for these, the boys will be hanging them out for Santa to see this year!

And finally, vintage wooden tree decorations. You can't really see them here on this photo of my tree but they are very cute!

11 comments:

Lily and Agathe said...

Wonderful stuff Allison, have a happy happy christmas xx

arthur's circus said...

Oh you do have a gift in unearthing such fantastic finds. I love the pillowcases.

Maggie Pie said...

You have done very well! that Swiss clock makes me want to yodel:o and the thread case is superb.

Jodie said...

Oh the sylko box made me gasp just a little - well done , excellent finding

pen said...

can't tell you of my sylko jealousy- overwhelming!

the wreath witch said...

I love the swiss clock..... ok and the thread box...ok and the santa pillowcases...and books and coasters.(smile)

ismoyo said...

Great finds! Love the clock, but that sylko shop display filled with threads really made me jealous. Lucky you!

Jennifer said...

Is the tradition there for children to hang out pillowcases for Santa to fill? Is that instead of stockings? I'm charmed -- I've just never heard of Christmas pillowcases before (I'm from the US). A very merry to you and yours!

Heleen said...

What a great clock!!

Azma said...

Love that clock, and the books..

Matroskin said...

Oh, I love your finds. Esp the books. I used to love all sorts of child detective books when I was little. The covers are exciting. And your tree is very cute.