Sunday, 13 January 2008


Mmm, yummy packaging!

I am not a huge chocoholic. I would always choose, say, a chunk of fresh bread and cheese over a bar of milk or dark chocolate.

However, I found myself drawn to a packet of these Whittaker's Peanut Slabs in Target, only because the packaging is so gorgeous. It's all golden and chocolately and full of promise! Whittaker's is a long-established New Zealand chocolate maker and all of their packaging is beautiful, based on their own vintage designs. After taking the photo I tasted the Peanut Slab and it is pretty good. Mr. Sweet Tooth likes it, although I personally like Haigh's chocolate from South Australia best of all (I would never say no to a Haigh's frog!).

2 comments:

Violet & Rose said...

Ooh, Bingo! You've hit on my two chocolate obsessions. When we lived in NZ, I lived on peanut slabs. And now, no trip into the city is ever complete without a visit to Haighs in the Block Arcade for a bag of 10 milk chocolate peppermint frogs. And if anyone dare comes home without them ...

The Shopping Sherpa said...

Whittakers also do block chocolate with similarly old fashioned wrappings. Big W (of all places!) stocks it. I'm currently rationing my way through a block of their supurbly yummo dark chocolate ad ginger chocolate...