Sunday, 20 January 2008

THIS IS... MY FAVOURITE CUP

Here is my favourite cup. It is a porcelain cup with a matching saucer and tea plate. It was made in England in the 1950s in a design called 'White Sails'. It has pretty sailing boats on the saucer and the cup is my favourite shade of bluey aqua.

I love this cup because it reminds me of my home in England; because it is just the right size for a morning cup of Twinings Irish Breakfast; because it is happy; because it is just for me!

You can see my cup here, waiting patiently for some bubbling water and milk, with a thickly-buttered slice of panettone for my breakfast!

To see everyone else's Favourite Cups visit Angela's blog. Show us yours!

13 comments:

Dees said...

Oh my Lark, this is so beautiful so english so delicate!!!xoxo

Kirsty said...

This cup & saucer set is just perfect. I'm a bit jealous. I love irish breakfast tea too.

Anna said...

Wow, I love it. I have to say I'm a bit jealous too.

Jodie said...

Beautiful shade of bluey aqua and i also love irish breakfast

starashan said...

Love that trio! (I'm an Irish Breakfast tea lover too)

three buttons said...

Beautiful tea set and beautiful photo! And that slice of panettone... YUM!

Jenny said...

The colour is lovely-a special cup:)

leslie said...

ooooh, i love it!

Meet Me at Mikes said...

Wow.. the sailboats are super-breezy. It's like a holiday in a tea-cup - sure to be a calming tonic.

zoesquid said...

Blue cups are especially gorgeous -as is Irish Breakfast Tea!

Kyla said...

I can see why you love it....it would remind me of the water and sun and somewhere I am not right now...

AnastasiaC said...

its a great tea cup!! this is fun...i'll have to show my favourite too!

Joanna Goddard said...

what a lovely photo. mmmm