Sunday, 10 February 2008

THIS IS...


Continuing the weekly ' THIS IS... ' game, this is my Sunday Lunch...



I was going to show off my (almost non-existent) culinary skills by making a huge English breakfast for lunch, as this is one of the few things I can make really well. Gooey fried eggs, veggie bacon, buttery mushrooms, fried tomatoes etc... but then I remembered that today was the annual 'Regional Producers Day' in our town so we headed over there.


For those of you who don't know Daylesford, it is a pretty little town in the forest about 1.5 hours away from Melbourne. Daylesford is a place where lots of people move to from the big city, like me, in search of a nicer lifestyle, and many families have chosen to start their own small foodie businesses, so it has become a bit of a 'gourmet destination'. I've posted about the local farmer's market before, and there always seems to be some kind of food event happening, either in Daylesford or one of the other little towns around here. So this is a pretty normal Sunday for us (probably why I have put on so much weight since moving here, yikes!).



Our little town was packed with tourists today and most of them were at the beautiful Lake House for the food festival. We stuffed our faces on local goats cheese, pumpkin bread, harissa dip, cupcakes and fresh cookies. Hello Janey, love your new truffles!



So all of this tasting was Sunday lunch for us today, and we came home with full tummies and full grocery bags!

10 comments:

Kele said...

For a more complete comments, I would advise you to be more detailed information, for example
here

Cass said...

What a great Sunday lunch, grazing around the markets

CurlyPops said...

Yummo! I love farmers markets - how often is the Daylesford market held? It would make a nice day trip.

AnastasiaC said...

Wonderful outing!! that bread looks amazing...Daylesford looks like foodie heaven!!

starashan said...

That looks so nice! Daylesford is so lovely, and all the food looks so amazing, and that cupcake! OMG!

I haven't posted pics of my lunch yet (will have to wait till my boys are in bed)- but I just wanted to say what a great theme you chose for this week. At first I was thinking... hmmm... we don't really do anything *special* - but it was actually really nice to do some cooking with my boys, and setting up the table outside. So yeah- thanks!! :o)
-Sherrin

Ainslie said...

Ooooohhhhhh....wow....can I move there too. That sounds wonderful. I'd love to live somewhere like that. You're a lucky girl!!!

Dees said...

Wow what a yummy way to start my day!!!it is still very early in the morning here and already I am building up an appettite thanks!!!xoxo

Kirsty said...

What a gorgeous day you all had!

MissK said...

What a yummy way to spend Sunday.

JustJessie said...

Hi! This is my first vist at your blog. I found you via myluckychicken.typepad.com
Looks like a great way to spend a Sunday! Here in Alabama, our outdoor markets are all closed until April (bummer).
I also LOVE your soaps in the post below, :)