Sunday, 10 February 2008

I felt guilty that my 'This is Sunday Lunch' (below) wasn't home-made, so here is my Sunday Dinner...


Paul made a delicious pizza - he is a master at bread and pizza, as when the boys were babies he was a 'househusband' for a while when I had to work full-time in an office, and to stop himself from going crazy he learnt all about making bread. This yummy pizza has a topping of fetta (we use the Meredith Dairy marinated goat's cheese), mixed with some fresh mint and lemon, and char-grilled courgette. And a sprinkling of baby cherry tomatoes from our own garden, we are so proud of these!


Then for dessert I made my very first ever tiramisu. I am a tiramisu connoisseur so my standards are pretty high but I was pleased with my effort - I think next time I would use less sponge fingers and a bit more espresso. Man, I need to go on a diet!

12 comments:

Lily and Agathe said...

Oh me oh my! sorry but I haven't got time to post my scones, can I do it next week?? that looks lovely, I am just hurrying out to friends for lunch, egg and chips... french style... xx

Katherine said...

Yum! I am jealous of your tomatos, we are in the middle of winter here!

ingrid said...

Oh yum yum! That pizza looks delicious! The tiramasu looks scrumptious too. We have been grwing tomatoes for a while too, but they barley make it inside the house let alone on pizza. The kids just pick them and eat them before I get a chance to do anything fun with them.

Lesley-Ann said...

Oh that pizza looks soo good! I love Italian food, and Tiramisu is my all time favourite! Yours looks so amazing, wish I could come over and just take a little bite! But what's with the name, Tiramisu, strange name right? And strange translation (pull me up high or something like that....). Well hope you have a lovely week!

Stacey said...

From one tiramisu connoissuer to another - yours looks pretty good!
I like it with lots of coffee too. Definitely not diet food....

lucy said...

oooh feeling hungry!

The pizza looks so great... is there any chance you'd have time to post Paul's pizza dough recipe? I have no luck with Pizza dough and yours looks perfect! :)

(probably best for my health if you don't share the tiramisu recipe though... it looks amazing!) :)

Malabei said...

see here

MissK said...

I love tiramisu,it's quite easy but just takes a while to make,but well worth it in the end.

Malabei said...

See here

Cowboys & Custard said...

Tiramisu is my absolute favourite... and yours looks so scrummy.. my tummy is rumbling now looking at all the delicious treats on your blog.

Michele

Betty said...

Looks like a good pizza.

I love fetta on my pizza too. adds some tart flavour to the other soft cheeses.
thanks for sharing

crisl said...

oh!! i found your blog and here is it wondful!!!
greets from germany
crisl