Wednesday, 19 March 2008

On My Desk Today...


An orange flowery 'dust sheet', as Paul is excavating the fireplaces behind my desk. Our house is very old and it used to be 'Mrs. Black's Guest House' for many years - there are lots of tiny Victorian sheds in the garden where people would stay. The little room that we have our office in was the kitchen, so there are two huge old inglenook fireplaces where food was cooked for the guests. We have uncovered them and taken off layers of old paint, and we bought a big wood fired heater on eBay that will hopefully keep us toasty in the coming winter. So I'm writing on an old laptop today...

5 comments:

Kirsty said...

I'm loving your drop sheet & hope it's destined for a crafty afterlife. The fireplaces are gorgeous!

AnastasiaC said...

even your dust sheet is FAB!!
hope the renovations aren't too stressful!

CurlyPops said...

That's way too pretty to be a dust sheet! What cool fireplaces you have.

Maureen said...

Holy sh*t! I love those fireplaces. They are unbelievable to me. But I'll bet the new heater will be a welcome addition. We don't dress in Victorian layers.

MyMac says Hi! to YourMac. ;-)

modmom said...

wow! those fireplaces are amazing.