Sunday, 23 March 2008

Week of Vintage Children's Illustration
Day Seven


I've been waiting all week to post my very favourite vintage children's illustrations - Ladybird books from the 1950s-1970s!




I've posted about these before, and why I love them so much, so today I am just posting some of my favourite illustrations. And if you like them, you can now buy framed prints of many of the best illustrations from Ladybird here. Yay!


I've really enjoyed digging out my favourite old children's books this week - thanks Pip!

8 comments:

Pip from Meet Me at Mikes said...

yay for ladybird! yay for lark! just a big eastery YAY!

Dees said...

Yeah from me too!!!!my gosh you always have such great pictures of vintage books!!!

AnastasiaC said...

these are lovely - so real and so much beautiful detail - i have a couple of these books, love them!!!
Your LARK sign is fantastic!!!

Cass said...

I love Ladybird books, don't have any though.

Sal said...

The pictures are lovely.I've really enjoyed reading all about your children's books! Thanks!!Sal;-)

Kirsty said...

I love ladybirds & I think that your collection is magnificent. Shopping with Mother was always one of my favourites.

Lily and Agathe said...

Happy Easter Chick xx

Helen said...

If you like old Ladybird books, you might enjoy a trip to www.ladybirdflyawayhome.com

Helen