Tuesday, 1 April 2008

SOB!


My baby has lost his first tooth. OK, he's not a baby, he's six years old, but it seems like JUST YESTERDAY when he grew those two little front teeth (below). Where did all that time go? Sigh...



Feeling melancholy, I decided on a bit of crafting to cheer me up, and found a tutorial for this cute little Tooth Fairy Pillow. I made it with some 1970s 'faux patchwork' fabric and felt.



Last night, the tiny tooth was placed in the pocket, popped under his pillow and magically - this morning the tooth had gone. In its place, a vintage fairies swap card, a little note and five dollars. Next time I think Ms Tooth Fairy will bring only one dollar, otherwise she will go broke, but this was a special first-time thing!


I asked my son what he is going to spend the money on and he told me he has promised Rita (his cat) that he'll buy her a new toy. What a sweetheart he is!

10 comments:

CurlyPops said...

That's so sweet!

Cass said...

The tooth fairy seems to get poorer with each tooth! My daughter lost 2 this year and got less for the second one. It's amazing how quickly they grow

AnastasiaC said...

ADORABLE!! how cute is he?!
Peter lost his first one last month - he was freaked out a little with the blood ....and then another one last week - the tooth fairy is generous at your house...

Lily and Agathe said...

Cute! our regular tooth fairy is broke and has a back injury from all the searching, bending and flying around, so many girls so many teeth! lovely bag xx

three buttons said...

How cute! I wonder what new toy Rita will get!!

Cowboys & Custard said...

What a thoughtful child..
and such a lucky ca t!

Michelexx

Bird Bath said...

awww, uber-cute! the little bag is too. My twelve year old still likes visits from the tooth fairy but nowadays she mostly gets trinkets.....after a few tactful reminders.

Sarah C said...

MMM they just grow up too fast don't they - my 8 year old will always be my little baby.
The tooth fairy sure is generous these day :) our tooth fairy gives a dollar per tooth so $6 for the sixth tooth lost.
I love the crafting these are extra special.

Muaile said...

I found my first losing her first tooth to be quite traumatic. I wrote a piece about it that I think you'd relate to...
click on me and then tooth under contents if you'd like to read it.

modmom said...

you're both sweethearts!!!