Thursday, 1 May 2008

On My Desk Today...


LOTS of reading material! I have just come back from a week's holiday in Tasmania. It is a lovely place, full of gorgeous old buildings, roses and great views of the mountains and coast, but it is really cold and we were all coughing and wheezing the whole week. Never mind, it is nice to be home, and being away has caused a mountain of lovely reading stuff to pile up because:

1. There are some great second-hand bookshops in Tasmania.
2. I bought lots of mags to read on the flight but spent my time entertaining the kids.
3. I was too busy knitting in the evenings.
4. It was my birthday and some lovely friends gave me books.
5. While I was away new boook orders arrived from Yes Asia and Amazon, as well as my fave magazine subscriptions.
6. I haven't had a chance to start my book club read this month and we're meeting next week.

So I've got the house to myself today and once I've checked my emails I'm gonna try and grab a few hours in front of the wood fire with a cup of tea and my pile of reading. Perfect!

Don't forget to visit Kirsty for more 'On My Desk' weekly fun!

7 comments:

Kerry said...

What a lovely way to spend the day- hopefully it's raining over your way!
Cheers Kerry

Kirsty said...

Welcome home Allison - I missed you. That really is a mountain of literary loveliness. I'm just a wee bit jealous.

zoesquid said...

I love the creative family. Its full of cute ideas. :)

Lily and Agathe said...

Oh goodie you're back! Happy Hippy the big one babes x catching up with me now hehehe.... I think I might need to borrow the bottom two books.. off monday.. so excited I might burst! yes I am mucho better now, back on the old chips and choc diet.... does that sound like me?
xx

CurlyPops said...

What a great selection to choose from...I wouldn't know where to start!

pip said...

Oooh.. I see those two Japanese ones... I have two from that series... Love Apartments and Children's Rooms... which ones do you have?! They are THE BEST!

AnastasiaC said...

Cant wait to see some of your pics from tAssie!! hope you had a wonderful birthday too!