Sunday, 8 June 2008

THIS IS... MY FAVOURITE TRAVEL MEMORY

Summer 2002. Trip to the Spanish Pyrenees. First son was a very cute 9-months old. We caught a boat from England to France and drove the length of France, just the three of us. A week to explore little towns in Northern Spain, stopping frequently for feeding and sightseeing. The Jardins Artigans. Singing in the car, badly. A strange 'car blessing ceremony' in Cardona. Then to Cal Petraco, the rural shack belonging to lovely Catalan friends, that holds so many happy memories from our various visits over the years. Our son's naming ceremony, six special friends (one now sadly missed), a fat cat. A rainbow. Shopping in the market at La Seu d'Urgell for a fiesta. Driving back through a snowstorm in Andorra. How simple life seemed back then!










Thanks to Your Cover's Blown for this week's theme!

10 comments:

odawnw's blog said...

it's really so amazing!!!how beautiful the scenery is!!I love it,thank you for offerring such beautiful things on screen,thank you!

Lilli boo said...

I love this travel story and accompanying photo's..something truly to treasure and share as well!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Wow, what an amazing trip. Beautiful photos and lovely words to go with it.

Jenny said...

Beautiful photos of a very happy holiday

Sharon said...

Lovely photos, sounds like a great holiday!

AnastasiaC said...

what gorgeous photos - sounds like a beautiful holiday...i loved Spain so much, cant wait to visit again especially San Sebastian!! so much fun!

.girl ferment. said...

Looks like an amazing holiday.
(I don't usually like babies but yours is a cutie).
xx

zoesquid said...

Geez, I wish I had something even half as exotic as this trip! It looks fantastic

Maureen said...

Oh I feel as if I took part of your trip with such a wonderful narration and pics. What a finale!

LouLou said...

Hi, i saw you at Magnolia Square but was a bit shy to say Hello.(silly I know) I was wondering if you are going to be at the Life Instyle trade fair this year. The reason I ask is that I am wanting to display my card range, but cant stretch to do it alone. I also have a couple of other lines-but the cards are my main item. If you have any space on your stand, i would love to send you some samples of my cards and see if you are interested.I can either attend and look after my own goodies, or alternatively pay you for having them there-and pay a percentage of orders taken. Have a think about it, and please let me know if you think this may be of any interest to you. I understand if you feel it wont work- I just thought id give it a go ! I have a rotating card stand that does not take up uch space. Cheers, Lou