Saturday, 25 October 2008

Feeling the urge...

I haven't been op-shopping for a while, but with the Spring weather, lots of country car boot sales are popping up and I'm beginning to get the urge! The only place I have been into lately is the vintage/junk barn around the corner from my house, as I have to walk past it to get to the grocers.

The owner knows that I love old children's books and yesterday he went into his back room and pulled out these 1950s Secret Seven books, aren't they just so gorgeous? Unfortunately they have been stored in someone's garden shed so they are a bit spotted and worn but I care not!

This second photo is from Cliffy's cafe in Daylesford, which is my favourite meeting spot - I had a lovely lunch there yesterday with this very clever girl and her adorable baby boy.

4 comments:

AnastasiaC said...

im also in the mood for some flea market shopping!
the books look cute, they'll be loved all over again!
Daylesford looks so nice!

Mc Cranky! said...

oh. i've been so cliffy's, they really do provide the best local lunches, and those books look really lovely, the damage is just more reason to love i think!

Cass said...

Oh I am so jealous. I am trying to get the whole set of Secret Seven. I think I have about 5 or 6 to go

Kitschen Pink said...

If I had to walk past such a store on my way to the grocers I fear my family would starve - or at least live on potato stew! Would love to meet you at Cliffy's cafe! Cambridge could do with a few more like that!! t.x