Sunday, 26 October 2008

The Party's Over!

Phew, another kid's party over and done with. I think I have 12 under my belt now. Why are they such hard work? Ten six and seven-year-old-boys, one Spiderman movie in the private screening room down the road, one footy cake, it should all be so simple! But then ... there is always one boy who can't concentrate on a movie for more than three minutes at a time, one boy who just can't resist pushing and shoving, and one boy whose rudeness astonishes ('I don't like this food', 'haven't you got any other drinks', 'this is boring', 'when's the cake coming'). Every year I say to myself 'this is the last time' but I always give in, I know it will be nice for my kids to grow up remembering some of the great parties we have had.

Time to take off my shoes, pour a big glass of red and sink into the sofa...

6 comments:

Hen said...

I'm sure your children will have wonderful memories. I too was astonished by the poor manners at my son's party recently; no pleases and thank yous, "where's my party bag", "I don't like the taste of this", "I've had enough of this sandwich but where are the cakes" etc etc. Quite shocking! Your sofa looks so cosy.
Hen x

Lily and Agathe said...

Well done... loving your new header and sallys kitchen, I'm sitting here saying, got that, and that oh and that hahahaha xx

Swift Jan said...

I understand the exhaustion after a party. I have a 4 year old & an almost 3 year old & I already have 3 parties under my belt. I am in the process of planning another...

Poo to rude children!

Kitschen Pink said...

You have a new header! When did I miss that! Mrs Unobservant me.
Love the cake. Love that I'm not the only parent who is sick of rude children - why are they always the ones who's parents make a sharp exit?!!! I'm afraid I'm very blunt around bad mannered children. If they are really bad I lock them in a cupboard and tell the parent we lost them.... not really... honest.... t.xx

Ut Pictura Poesis said...

I love your red ballet pumps! May I ask where they are from? They look wonderful next to your beautiful scarf. Am feeling very lucky to have discovered your blog. :))

Lark said...

Thank you!! They are from Marks & Spencer, bought last month so they may still have them on sale!

Allison xx