Saturday, 25 October 2008

Fairy Cakes

This week, instead of making knitted cupcakes (or 'fairy cakes' as we used to call them in England), I have been baking them instead - batch after batch in preparation for a cupcake stall I volunteered to run at a big local event in two weeks. Everyone thinks I am mad to have volunteered but I am actually really looking forward to it.

I am not exactly a domestic goddess, I can only make a few things really well (full English breakfast, Hollandaise sauce, cup of tea, apple crumble, shepherd's pie, toast) but I am really proud of my cupcakes and they always get snapped up so I guess they are pretty good.

Tanya at Lily & Agathe asked me ages ago to write a recipe post for her cute new 'how to' blog, so I have posted my best fairy cake recipe and you can see it here. These are some of the photos I took for the post - do you think I own too many cupcake cases? I seem to have an obesession with them and was surprised at quite how many I had when I pulled them all out of the pantry!











Find my recipe here.

5 comments:

Kitschen Pink said...

you can never have too many cup cake cases - always best to avoid the trauma of running out! (love those dotty toadstool buns!) t.xx

Hen said...

This has made me feel so much better as I love cake cases but I don't have nearly as many as you so I can justify getting some more! The toadstool ones are fabulous, I am inspired...
Hen x

Lily and Agathe said...

Yes indeedy, you can never have too many, and the flags? where did you find them, do they do french flags, little british ones won't go down well at a cake sale here...

My goodness, I was a letter away with the word verification thing at writing crap on your blog !! as if !!

claire Maraldo said...

I wish I could sample every one of your cakes.

Quality control reasons of course ;-)

No prizes for guessing which one's are my faves!

John said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.