Sunday, 19 October 2008

Wash Day

I thought these Keep calm & Carry On Tea Towels looked good hanging on the line to dry.
We started printing these a couple of years back, and any imperfect prints were put to use in our own kitchen, so we have quite a pile of them now. I love how they have all faded at a different rate - we use vegetable inks on linen/cotton, so they age beautifully.

There are still a few of the tea towels available from our shop. Very soon we will stop making these, as Keep Calm stuff is everywhere now. I still love this iconic image though, and I am very proud that Lark was the first ever to take it and print it onto things. But I feel the moment has passed, and it must soon make way for new things...

10 comments:

Lily and Agathe said...

Hey ... yes I agree... fab though and I have all but sold out.. I shall keep a few for myself..have any new tt ideas ?
xx

Kitschen Pink said...

HAHA! that makes it so clear that I live in Norfolk. I get so many comments on my lovely Lark bag - no-one up here has seen any Keep Calm things! It's got legs yet - but always happy to see new things from Lark!!! t.x

Michelle said...

i don't care how popular it is...they are just gorgeous

Swift Jan said...

Ok so I have to order one before you run out.....

they do look gorgeous on your line!

Pear tree cottage! said...

So nice to "drop In" for a moment or two to see how a friend & her family just a stones throw away from here are doing!! (smiles)

So pleased your trip went so well and happy to see you home safe......the market place you say...LOVE TO VISIT THERE OFTEN!! We will have to have tea there together some day.

best wishes Lee-ann

Donna said...

Your lovely parcel arrived today, thank you honey. Will email you tomorrow x

Half an Acre said...

its such a shame when that happens!
I love the image too but it is creeping in everywhere now.

Half an Acre said...

forgot to mention ...

I've just tagged you..

Swift Jan said...

I have ordered some goodies :)
BTW I have left you something on my blog :)...

Meg said...

Saw this and thought of you. xx