Tuesday, 25 November 2008

Fame at last!

Kate and Steph and I were in the local paper today, along with Beck and her daughter, to promote the new Makers Market. Kate forgot to bring anything so she is holding some 'market bags' I have made up from thrifted fabrics and odd buttons. Beck and I both brought toy rabbits along, so the pic is full of bunnies! Kate is an artist and she makes the most gorgeous children's clothes incorporating vintage fabrics. You can't see Steph's creations in the photo but she has made 'Tea Time Totes' from vintage embroidered aprons as well as her signature doily craft packs and doily cushions.

I am getting excited about the market now, it's going to be really nice to have a market stall close to home for a change. I have been making a patchwork banner for my stall, I hope to post some pictures tomorrow, it is coming along rather nicely, I think!

6 comments:

pĆ¼ppilottchen said...

congrats!!! i like the picture!

*nicola

Jodie said...

You must be getting excited ...I'll see you there.

Swift Jan said...

Congratulations!
I REALLY wish I lived close so I could visit the makers market. If I am ever in VIC I will make it my mission!! Can't wait to see your banner :)

funkymonkey said...

Well sone! Enjoy the market!

Donna said...

I wish you loads of luck Allison. I'm sure you will do brilliantly x

AnastasiaC said...

yeahhh great picture!!!