Tuesday, 18 November 2008

It's that time of year...

... when some gorgeous new craft and design books come into the shops. Here are some that I've treated myself to this month, and they are all highly recommended.







I wish my book club would cover books like these. This month for some reason we're reading 'Long Way Round' by Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman. I mean, really? How am I going to read about blokes and their bikes when I have these gorgeous books on my bedside table? Wouldn't it be awesome to start a craft book club? x

7 comments:

beck said...

I'm with you sister! Can we start it right now?!! I am not even going to open the first page of that dopey motor bike book. Love the look of the Lost Crafts book...can I have a peek when you have finished? x

Sarah-Jo said...

ewwww boy germs! bloke and bikesARGH! hahahaa

I love love love the knitted one (if only I could knit) I want that rainbow serpent for my daughter !!!

the childrens room and stitched in time books looks fabulous too

off to hunt them down

cheers :)

Kitschen Pink said...

Can't you nominate a book for your regular readers group? Which one would you choose? Hmmm. For me it would be something wonderful like 'Embroidery Stitch Bible' - I think that would be a fair equivalent of "Men on bikes for a very long journey - Again" t.xx

trashalou said...

I have that 'Knitted Toys' ones - the mice are triffic :-)

Pear tree cottage! said...

What a lovely lady you are.......do you know how many Christmas's will be so much better with our help because of your gracious "clean out!" I do hope I can get to the makers market I truly do.......Lee-ann

Swift Jan said...

Oh how cool! I would be all for a craft book club! A great idea :)

Hoochie Coochie said...

oooh I would love to join a craft book club! I can't wait to get that new Cath Kidston one, is it out in Australia yet? I'm patiently waiting for my local bookshop to order in 'Amy Butler's Little Stitches For Little Ones' but Im getting a little impatient!