Sunday, 16 November 2008



Yesterday I had a big clearout, pulling out all sorts of stuff I have been hoarding in one of our garden sheds onto the grass.

I managed to fill about six boxes of things to take to the op shop, but I still have way too much stuff.


It's not essential stuff, but it's stuff I like too much to let go - like vintage bits and pieces, old magazines, tins and jars, old toys etc.

I think I am going to have to be a bit tougher about this, as I really want to turn the shed into a summer playroom for the boys.

I guess I will have to go through it all again - maybe the Cosmo and Elle mags I have been storing since 1988 (the summer I met Mr Lark!) will have to go..










11 comments:

Lily and Agathe said...

NO NO NO ... I want the heart and apple plate .. and the 80's mags ... and the flag.. but mostly the apple plate... how are you sunshine ?

Lily and Agathe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cosy said...

Oh I wished I lived near you and you had a wonderful garage sale and I could buy lots of things. Or at least lived near your opshop!

Wonderful stuff!

Cass said...

I wish I lived closer too, that suitcase, the apple plate and the noddy eggcups (I had one of those when I was little) are fabulous

Kitschen Pink said...

BUILD ANOTHER SHED!!!
But if that's really not an option, can I share the heart and apple bits with Tanya! Can you give everything to Break Charity Shop on the High Street in Attleborough, Norfolk (just let me know when)
Also I think, for a real hoot, you should put the 'variety' and 'service' signs over the bed in your guest room! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA! t.x

Swift Jan said...

Oh *waaaaaaa* I want to visit your shed & "help you clear out".....

Emma said...

Jeez, they are a lot of treasures indeed, I feel better about my miniscule hoard, I think I have become a minimalist in recent years!
Oh and by the way, I LOVE doilys, bring it on....

funkymonkey said...

Oh I remeber buying Twinkle when I was little. It is difficult getting rid of things isn't it?

vanessa said...

This looks like my house :) I had so much stuff I opened a stall at an antique centre!

Donna said...

Oh Allison it's so hard to let things go sometimes so well done for moving these treasures on to new homes. After my last open house sale My Mum and I took 3 car loads to the recycling centre. All Mum's retro bits that did not sell went as she couldn't bear to take them back in the house and clog up her spare room. The guys at the recycling centre were delighted with the booty.

dottyspots said...

Twinkle brought back memories, I used to have an album years ago which I really loved (I wonder what happened to it...)