Monday, 9 February 2009

Graziela Preiser

I have recently discovered the work of Graziela Preiser, a German designer whose iconic images were hugely popular in the 1970s. They decorated everything from kids' bedding to hostess aprons, cups, clothes and cushions.






Gabriela and her daughter Nina Nägel have started to re-iusse some of the prints onto children's bedding and nightwear in the UK. I am a huge fan and can't wait to see what they come up with!


You can visit the By Graziela website here, and see an archive of inspiring 1970s textile designs.



9 comments:

beccasauras said...

Gosh, that is busy wallpaper!! At least kiddy scribbles wouldn't show up on it. What great prints and colours, thanks for introducing me to this.

Angela said...

I swear I had a skirt with green and red apples on it when I was a child...it looked JUST like this. Thanks for sharing.

Swift Jan said...

HOw divine!! I am in love.. off to check out that website. Thanks :)

Cath said...

I am salivating!!Thanks for sharing!

zofia said...

How cute are those p.j.s!
Great link-Thanks!

Kitschen Pink said...

Oh this is very exciting!
Hated the news this morning. Hope you and yours are all safe and well. t.x

My Messy Room said...

I think she may have designed the wallpaper in my shop! wowweee!!

Thanks for sharing and will check her archives and see if its there.

x

Sportskids Team said...

SportsKids.com store offering Sporting goods, Bedding, Clothing, Sports Camps & Leagues directory, Kids Online Games and more. Sports stuff for kids and families with huge discounts.

kids bedding

Henry said...

That looks great! Spacify offers the Best High Quality Kids Bedding and more to create the perfect Kid’s Room.