Sunday, 8 February 2009

It's nice to know...

that people care! We've received a whole heap of emails, calls and comments today from friends concerned about the terrible bush fires that have been happening in country Victoria this weekend. Thank you so much, we are all fine. In fact we didn't notice anything at all in our little town other than the sweltering heat and murky sky. But it could just as easily have been us, we are after all surrounded on all sides by a dense forest.

I can't imagine how it must be for those people who have lost their homes, or worse. We put together an emergency plan today, what we would do (evacuate), what we would take with us if there was time... emergency stuff like camping gear, tinned food and cash, practical stuff like our back-up hard drive and copies of our documents, and sentimental stuff like my dad's football trophies and the kids' memory boxes. I hate to even think about it, but I guess you have to. I just read about a woman who died in her car trying to escape, with her crockery on the passenger seat next to her. My heart goes out to the people who've been affected by these fires.

9 comments:

ButtonsByLouLou said...

I also wondered about you as I thought you must be in the general area. So much luck involved. Glad you are all well.

claire Maraldo said...

I am so glad to hear you are safe.

I saw the terrible pictures on the news today. So shocking. Those poor people.

Donna said...

I am so glad to hear that you are ok Allison. How frightening the situation is. My heart goes out to those affected.

belleandboo said...

I just thought I would check in after watching the evening news Allison. I am so relieved you and your family are all safe, it was so sad watching the news.

rejenerate said...

I am just shocked at the news. It's too devestating. Stay safe.

Kitschen Pink said...

I should read posts in teh right order then I wouldn't need to worry so much.
I once listened to a radio phone in. Everyone saying what they would take with them if their house burned down. Then a woman phoned in and said "My house did burn down. As I ran for the door I grabbed the chicken that was defrosting on the kitchen sideboard." It was such a reality check and brought the jokes to an end. Well worth planning but always worth being prepared to just run! Do you have a mac.com account for storing data remotely? t.x

Corrie said...

so glad you're safe and sound...I watch the tv scared to see where the fires are as hubby has family in rural victoria and I keep saying where does so and so live....thankfully they are ok but the more news I watch the sadder I get

keep safe
Corrie:)

Corrie said...

so glad you're safe and sound...I watch the tv scared to see where the fires are as hubby has family in rural victoria and I keep saying where does so and so live....thankfully they are ok but the more news I watch the sadder I get

keep safe
Corrie:)

ed said...

情趣用品,情趣,情色,成人,A片,自拍,情趣用品,情趣,色情,成人影片,色情影片,免費A片,情趣用品,情趣,成人網站,A片下載,日本AV,做愛,情趣用品,情趣,美女交友,A片,辣妹視訊,情色視訊,情趣用品,情趣,色情聊天室,聊天室,AV,成人電影,A片

情色,A片,AIO,AV,日本AV,色情A片,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,A片下載,情色A片,哈啦聊天室,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,色情聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費視訊聊天,上班族聊天室,080中部人聊天室,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,成人聊天室,一夜情聊天室,辣妹視訊,情色視訊,成人,成人影片,成人光碟,成人影城,自拍