Saturday, 7 March 2009

Oh Happy Day!

I am SO happy today. Just a pretty ordinary Saturday, but one that makes me so thankful to be living in such a great town.

Popped into the farmer's market this morning to pick up some eggs and beetroot from Kate and Bren, who had a very close shave with the bush fires and are slowly getting back to normal.

Picked up my Red Beard hot cross buns and some cookies from Janey Bee. I love talking to Janey, she is great fun, have a look at her movie debut here .

Went to Castlemaine to take the boys swimming, bought some new books and afterwards went for all-day veggie breakfast.

Watched the newest Wallace and Gromit movie on the sofa with my guys and Jim the dog, it was totally ace!

Watched Paul build a new shelf in the bathroom to hold one of my many collections.

Thought about next week, I am looking forward to going to the Stitches and Craft show on Wednesday with two local crafty girlfriends.

Went for a walk up the main street and it is BUZZING! It's Chill Out this weekend, Australia's biggest country gay and lesbian festival and it is so nice to see Daylesford full of people again. Discovered that Leo Sayer ('the king of Disco') is headlining the festival and will be here tomorrow. My oldest sister would swoon if she knew, she was the biggest Leo Sayer fan back in the day.

Now cooking pasta with broccoli from our own garden. Planning to watch The Bill with Mr Lark this evening and eat Lindt Orange Intense chocolate.

It's wine o'clock, as my pal Angela would say.

This makes me happy!

3 comments:

Lyn said...

Happy days indeed! What a lovely day. It's buzzing in my hometown (Adelaide) today too. The city if grooving to our world music festival, and the Adelaide Fringe is in full swing.

I had an awesome happy day today too that I just had to blog about! Jumble sale in the morning, followed by central markets shopping, then a great late afternoon with my little groover at the Fringe Family Day. Yummy salmon on the bbq and homemade vege couscous salad for dinner.

Yay!

ps - LOVE your blog

Meg said...

Wasn't today just magical?

After the fires and the wind, what joy to see so many happy people in our town.

Donna said...

So glad things are getting back to normal for you.