Tuesday, 31 March 2009

Teapot Cafe, Ballan

Ballan is a small town about 30 mins away from us. It is a pretty sleepy place, but it has this rather eccentric and lovely cafe. I think it is called the Teapot Cafe, certainly it is filled with teapots. I love the jumble of op shop decor inside and Gaudi-esque mosaics in the garden. Great cups of tea too, love, love, love this place! Just when you think it couldn't get any better the lady tells you they have a vintage clothing shop in the back room! I spotted an original 1950s skirt for $8!

(ps sorry about the poor quality of the photos, I didn't have my camera so these are from my phone).











4 comments:

CurlyPops said...

You find the coolest place on earth! My sister is about to move back to Clunes soon so I'll be able to make a teapot stop on one of my visits.

Ballarat Vintage Style said...

I just moved to Ballarat and love coming across little gems like this. Thanks for the suggestion - Looks like I'll be having a cup of tea in Ballan later in the week!

Princess Kirstie said...

Oh gee that looks like it would be worth the hour drive from my place and I feel sure there would be some other treasure places to find as well, in fact I think you may have already suggested a couple. I see a sneaky day trip in my future...Thanks for the tip

Chantelle said...

My husband grew up in Ballan just a couple streets back from where that shop is now!

We spent a week along the great ocean road for our honeymoon in March/April this year and went through Ballan on our way back to Melbourne. I'd heard so much about it and always imagine it as being almost english countryside! So I've had to move all the stories he's told me out of the english country side in my head and into a small Australian Country town but I don't think that they are any the worst for the move!