Saturday, 4 April 2009

Maryborough and Clunes

Ahhh, Maryborough! One of the last outposts of thriftiness.

Where you can still find a vintage suitcase, fill it with lovely loot and walk away only $6 poorer.


And where you can eat the world's best scones at the Station Cafe before heading to Clunes, which has the most beautiful old shops ever, and is practically a ghost town except for...

Widow Twankey's Confectionery Emporium, a shrine to sweetness, a landmark of lollies, a museum of mouth-wateringness...

You can find just about any lolly in the world here, and their Easter display is sensational.

Here is my booty, enough to keep Steph and I happy all the way home!

10 comments:

Jessi said...

how delightful to see Maryborough and Clunes in a post!!! I agree that station cafe is a hidden gem and does make delicious treats and yummy drinks! My great grandfather use to the station master there (or some Title similar to that?!), so we always pay a visit when visiting my great aunt!! Did you visit the little shops along the station? Antiques and crafts???

Gorgeous photos and sensational sweeties... Were they as good as they look?

:)

CurlyPops said...

Eeeek! I love Widow Twankeys. I always buy lollies while I'm in Clunes. Back in my teenage years, I used to catch the V-Line bus from Maryborough station to go on shopping trips to Ballarat. They were the days. I definitely have to get back there to check out the oppies.

Alison said...

Yum Yum sweeties!

The Shopping Sherpa said...

What a fabulous op shop haul!

Cass said...

I don't know what is better that op-shop haul or those lollies, yum

Ballarat Vintage Style said...

Oh how I love vintage suitcases. And who can resist a candy necklace!

acoustitch said...

look there's my lion fabric! ooooh, i would buy it from you if you'd let me! i have run out and those ones were popular...

Top bird said...

Wow, sounds like thrifty heaven. What fun! xx

Bec @ honi design said...

oo WOW!! What a stash!! I am dying for one of those suitcases!
Do you know - I have that red and blue patchwork bed-set at home!!! It was mum and Dad's and the bottom sheet went threadbare YEARS ago and mum was going to throw it out and i rescued it. It's been in my stash for about 15 years now! I love it so much I just don't want to cut it!

ed said...

聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080中部人聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室

情趣用品,情趣,情趣商品,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,情色文學,色情,做愛,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,AIO交友愛情館,AIO,色情影片,情色網,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人文章,成人小說,成人電影,麗的色遊戲,自拍,A片,AV女優,AV,A漫,視訊交友網,視訊,視訊交友,免費視訊聊天室,免費視訊,視訊聊天,視訊聊天室,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,中古車,二手車