Sunday, 31 May 2009

IKEA PS Cabinet Makeover

I bought a pair of dull grey IKEA PS cabinets some time ago with the intention of having them painted in a nice colour, and this week I finally got around to it.

My idea was to paint them 'the green of a vintage Ladybird book', which even I thought was a bit vague but with the help of Michael, our local auto spray-painter, and the helpful guys at Protec paints, I managed to get just what I wanted.

I am really pleased with the result, the cabinets look so good in our hallway and they are big enough to hide away the kid's school bags and lots of other junk that tends to congregate there!

9 comments:

willywagtail said...

They look so, so much better. Why, o why is everything grey. Did you spray them yourself or have it done for you? Cherrie

Lark said...

Thanks Cherrie, I got them done by a professional spray painter, he was able to mix the paint to get a matt finish rather than shiny.

gingerwine said...

Thats a brilliant idea to look at the ladybird book!
What a lovely colour!

Sam xx

Ballarat Vintage Style said...

What a beautiful colour!

Meg said...

I am green with envy.

Princess kirstie jane said...

Great colour (love the inspiration) oh I want a hallway hide the school bags solution.

Meryl said...

Is this just the regular PS Cabinet put together differently?

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80100190

Or something else? I'm looking for this one, but I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

karina said...

Thank you for posting such a useful, impressive and a wicked article./Wow.. looking good!
cabinet makers

Nicolas Roelandt said...

Hi, I have the same cabinet.
But I lost the screw during a moving.
I went to IKEA but it is hard to find the right model.

Does your model have one hinge or 4 L shaped ones ?
Mine as only one who go trough the 2 doors.
But I can't find the same model at Ikea. Do you know the reference number ?

Thank You

Nicolas