Wednesday, 13 May 2009

It's on again!

Yipee! The Daylesford Makers' Market is having it's next event on Saturday 6 June. It's going to be a Winter Wonderland Market with a cosy cafe (think granny rug cushions and blankets) and a Children's lounge featuring local entertainers, cubby houses and face-painting. All alongside the awesome, hip and gorgeous handmade stalls of course.

Perhaps you have never been to Daylesford and are thinking of a cosy winter weekend away? Central Victoria is at its best in Autumn and Winter, the forest is beautiful and you can spend days visiting all the pretty towns like Maldon, Kyneton, Clunes, Trentham and Castlemaine.

The Market is being held on the Queen's Birthday long weekend, so you could spend a couple of nights in Daylesford in a sweet little cottage like Lynn Gardener's very vintage White House, or one of the many on offer through Daylesford Getaways .

The Daylesford Farmer's Market is on the same morning as the Maker's Market, offering award-winning local produce.

Shop at the Sunday Bric-aBrac market and the famous Mill Market vintage centre.

Go horse riding !

Take in the waters at the newly renovated Hepburn Bathhouse & Spa. Now doesn't that sound nice? What are you waiting for?

5 comments:

citrus daisy said...

Many of your posts make me home sick. I am from Geelong and Melbourne but Daylesford has long been on my route to a family holiday place in the North Westish. I love Daylesford and the surrounds and would love to pop in the car and go there for a day of meandering like I often used too. Now I make do with meandering virtually through your blog and I love to hear and see your adventures through out the region.

Michelle said...

What a great area you live in. I love the look of the White House, that Lynn Gardener is so super clever!

Cass said...

Oh you are making me so jealous. I wish I could squeeze in a weekend away

Anna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna said...

Blogger Anna said...

I was so excited to see the market is going to be on soon. We are planning on taking a mini trip (the day) to Daylesford. Thanks for the suggestions for what else is on - there seems to be plenty to keep us busy :)