Saturday, 30 May 2009

Maker's market


I'm really excited about the Maker's Market in Daylesford next week, which I am one of the organisers of. It's going to be a lovely event.


The makers are from all over Central Victoria, including many new faces. Most of the stallholders only sell locally, so you wont have seen them at the Melbourne craft markets or on Etsy.


It's a great opportunity to take a leisurely drive to the country and shop for gorgeous hand-made items. As well as the stalls, Betty and her team of local nannas will be serving up tea and cakes in the market's Cosy Cafe and there'll be kid's musicians and entertainers throughout the day. If you want to make a day (or a weekend) out of it my previous post has lots of links and suggestions, from vintage shopping to horse-riding. I'll post some suggestions for eating out next week.

I'll have my own little stall at the market, of course, with lovelies from Lark, Belle & Boo and our other hand-made ranges. Please come and say hello!

No comments: