Sunday, 10 May 2009

Sunday Market

The Daylesford Trash 'n Treasure was at its best today, heaps of lovely vintage stalls, sunshine, coffee and pancakes, lots of treasures to admire.

I couldn't resist these 1950s kitchen curtains.

And this 1970's apron.

Looking at these finds, it strikes me that my vintage taste is pretty eclectic. It ranges from the 1930s to 1970s, maybe dipping a toe into the 1980s, and it can sometimes be difficult to put all the vintage things I have together without our home looking like a giant garage sale. Sometimes I think I'd like to live in a 1960s house and just have lots of orange and white, and pop art things, but I know I could never commit to it as that would mean giving up my 1940s blankets, 1950s quilts and 1970s tea towels!

6 comments:

Finki (jay) said...

Those kitchen curtains are fabulous. great find. I know what you mean about the span of loving, vintage to retro ....me too. It's all good.

Juddie said...

*love* *love* *love* that curtain fabric!

Jennifer Rose said...

that apron is gorgeous! nice bright colour :D

Kitschen Pink said...

You're like me sweetie - we need a stately home each so we can do a different scheme in each room and wander dreamily before decided which mood suits our day! Of course there would have to be servants to do all the dusting and bring us tea as it would be so exhausting keeping it all stocked and lovely! What fun we'd have! Meanwhile - I am happy to live in a giant garage sale - at least we have big cupboards for the overflow! t.x

mom seeks life said...

Oooh, I love the print on that goovy apron!

mom seeks life said...

I meant GROOVY ...oh my typing needs some work...or is it my spelling that does?