Saturday, 30 May 2009

Wallpaper LOVE!!!

The owner of the vintage shop around the corner called me to say a consignment of vintage wallpaper had just arrived - so I hopped on over and scored these beauties - three rolls of each!

He actually had five but another girl was looking at it wistfully so I thought I should be nice and share the love! What I like about them is how they are a really good match, even though they are from different wallpaper brands. I wonder who they originally belonged to and why they were unused?

Isn't this folksy kitchen wallpaper adorable? I'll be adding this to my collection, maybe making a few pieces for Lark with it, until I find the right space for it in our home!

6 comments:

kitty said...

oh my goodness me!
they are just delightful
what a lucky duck you are
I can't wait to see what you do with them

Alison said...

Lovely lovely wallpaper, how very kind of you to share the love. I would like to believe that the original owner was over zealous in over buying rather than it just being dumped.

CurlyPops said...

Eeeek! The kitchen print is truly amazing. It reminds me of the fonts that were used on 60's tv shows like 'I dream of Jeannie'.

Handmade in Israel said...

Gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you make with the rolls. They're yummy!

zigsma said...

Wow - a direct line to the supplier of excellence! Tips on how to endear myself to my local opshop ladies please.

mini macs said...

hehe the kitchen one reminds me of my mum's kitchen - it was covered in a similar pattern but brown, orange and yellow! sadly we pulled it down a few years ago, but i'll never forget it!
lucky lass you!