Wednesday, 24 June 2009

Home Sweet Home

Look at this cutie - an old wooden display unit shaped like a little house. I spotted it a few weeks ago at my local vintage shop but it had a SOLD sticker on. I was gutted. It's been sitting there ever since, making me sad every time I go in. So today I asked the owner about it. He told me that he was planning to use it himself to display some goods, hence the sticker. But he is a sweetie and, seeing my disappointed face, he said that if I really, really wanted it I could have it. For five bucks. Yay! I am going to paint it and use it to display Lark goodies at our trade fair, and then afterwards in our living room. I can't wait to get started!

12 comments:

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Oh how fab and what a great price! I can't wait to see how it comes up when you work your magic! The op shop seller sounds like a real sweetie.

CurlyPops said...

That is gorgeous! There's a similar one in my local Vinnies with a big sticker that says 'shop display only'. Maybe I should enquire?

Chi Designs said...

wow! great purchase. :)

susieqiloveyou said...

wow i am amazed especially at the $5 price too. What colour are you going to make it?

dorothybills said...

love it when you find a 'treasure'! It's such a buzz when you get a bargain, well done and happy painting.

Michelle said...

That is so sweet! And the shop owner was sweet too!

Sandra @ Pepperberry and Co. said...

Wow! Well done! What a gorgeous treasure, what a fabulous price, and what a great idea you have for it. I can't wait to see what you do with it!!

clairehumphries said...

sweet find! if i was fivebucks, that's what i'd like to be spent on. bet that the vintage-shop-guy doesn't even know how much he made your day

MissyP said...

$5???????? Wha???? BARGAIN!

tracy said...

oh, lucky ducky - it's so charming!!!

polly pratt said...

WOW you cant even buy a drink for that. Well done:)

The Observer said...

what a steal! It def hang it on the wall