Thursday, 4 June 2009

Op Shopping

Steph and I scooted around Ballarat yesterday to buy craft supplies and op shop materials to decorate the Cosy Café at the Maker's Market this Saturday. Here's what we found - today we're having a working bee at my house, with a few of the market girls coming over to help make stuff. The suitcase is going to be filled with handmade goodies from the makers as a door prize.

I also picked up a few goodies for myself - a pile of old storybooks (include lots of vintage Ladybird books, yay!), and a cream and white vintage Laconia blanket that looks like new.

Just look at this 'Two Naughty Pixies' book, how sweet!

5 comments:

Beach Vintage said...

I love all those books. Looks like you picked up some treats there.

Cass said...

Fantastic especially those books.

Lejay said...

Looks like you did well at the op shops! Got to love them!

angela said...

What great finds!! I was disappointed this week when I thought I was going to be going through Bendigo on my way to Hamilton on the coach, alas it turned out to be Ballarat. Which ofcourse was just as fun!

But unfortunately it was only a very short stay in Ballarat so no op-shopping for me!!

Can't wait to see the final displays!

Kitschen Pink said...

Do you ever have those days when you go around the charity shops and find nothing? Ever? So much wonderful stuff from just one day!! Fantastic - oh and I love what you did with it all in the next post!! Can I come to the cafe?! I"m going to need to win the lottery so I can pop on over! t.x