Saturday, 27 June 2009

Saturday Morning

Lately my kids have been going to a swimming class on Saturday mornings, so I have missed our little drives around the country. But as it's school holidays we drove over to Trentham, where we did some op-shopping...


followed by breakfast at Red Beard.


I'm a big fan of the op-shop/café combo. It's great with kids, as they have something new to read or play with while you have a peaceful coffee and read the Saturday papers. A nice start to the weekend!

6 comments:

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

I'm jealous. There aren't so many good op-shops in the area I live in Sydney. There are a couple but the prices are pretty steep and they are often very crowded - so I've resorted to EBay. I always love reading about your finds!
Enjoy your Saturday. x

marble rose said...

please tell me what an OPshop is? So maybe I can persuade someone to open one here.


Fleur
xx

Lark said...

Hi Fleur, it's an 'opportunity shop', which is the Australian equivalent of a charity shop or thrift store, where you can by donated goods to raise money for a charity. x

dorothybills said...

I love seeing others goodies they find at the oppy's! I too have posted some of my latest finds. I totally agree with cafe and op-shopping, I think they go hand in hand, a great day all round!
I picked up one of your fabric compact mirror's over the weekend while I was away from a very cute shop'one wise owl' in Pyree. I got such a buzz seeing your stock, I only get to look at in normally on your sites. One more thing, sorry to blab but I really enjoyed your article in Frankie, very inspiring, thanks! Eleesa

Joanne said...

I wish Geelong op's were open Saturday mornings. I could combine them with garage sales which are a bit thin on the ground this time of year. May have to do a country-town trail once in a while.

Ballarat Vintage Style said...

Sounds like the perfect Saturday.