Wednesday, 26 August 2009

Country People, we need you!

Did you know that I am one of the organisers of the Daylesford Maker's Market? We launched it last year to give crafters and designers from around our region a great design market equal to the best city craft markets, and it has been so popular that we are going to be running it every month from the beginning of 2010.

Held in the beautiful Daylesford town hall, the market features talented makers from all across Central Victoria, and we also have two guest spots at each event for Melbourne crafters.

We are applying for some funding that will help us to grow and promote the market into something really special. However, there are currently only 3 of us, and so we are looking for more people to join the market organisers and help us to run it throughout the year. The market is a non-profit event, so we can't pay you, but you'll get to have fun and meet lots of great crafty peeps along the way.

If you love craft and can donate a few hours of time each month we'd love to hear from you. Whatever your skill is - organising, baking, publicity, drawing, bookkeeping, writing, decorating, photography, climbing up high ladders, talking to people on the street etc. - we need you! Please email daylesfordmakersmarket@gmail.com

And if you are interested in joining as a stallholder, applications have just opened for the Christmas market on November 28th. Email us for an application!

5 comments:

Lizeylou said...

I am not very good at bookkeeping or high ladders BUT I am the best at spending money ..... So I have just marked this date on our family calendar, and if nothing else I will come and buy presents for us and our family. I cant wait! Am hoping that your shop will be open also as that would be an added bonus on our visit if I got to see you too!

susieqiloveyou said...

allison i am definetly willing to donate time to the market. Not sure what my skills are but I am sure I will be able to help in some way.

Kitschen Pink said...

oh yes I'd love to come. yes please! of course as always I have no way of getting there - my poor old car has the jitters about just getting me to suffolk! But, inspired by your good selves we are trying to organise our own makers market her in Norfolk instead! I wish you could come! t.xxx

Swift Jan said...

Brisbane is probably a little too far away to help isn't it?!... Wish I could!

Gail said...

Hello there,
I have been trying very hard to contact someone regarding an application for your NOVEMBER Makers Market in Daylesford. Can you contact me on gailedickson@yahoo.com.au as soon as possible? Thanks a lot.