Friday, 14 August 2009

New Craft Group in Town!

I am very excited. Last night was the first meeting of our new craft group and it was AWESOME.

Jodie (Ms Ric Rac) and I had been talking for a while about getting together a group of craft-lovers from around Ballarat and Daylesford for regular craft-packed meetings. Poor old Jodie has the flu so she had to miss out on the first meet, but we switched to Susie's lovely house and spent the whole evening chatting about craft, looking at craft books, crafting and telling crafty stories.

And there was mango punch and home-made cake!

We ooh-ed and ahh-ed at Darren's new creations.

And gazed at Lou's lovely drawings.

Most people had their needles out and click-clacking and crafting throughout the night.

I am so looking forward to our fortnightly meets.

There is a list of links to our lovely craft group members on my sidebar - do pay them a visit!

5 comments:

beck said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cath from chunkychooky said...

I have just organised the very same thing in my little town-and I am very excited- our first meeting is in sept! I can't wait!!!!

belleandboo said...

how lovely Allison, sounds like my perfect evening.
Mandy

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

That sounds wonderful. I have been attempting to organize a similar thing in inner-city Sydney. We have the interested women but it's such a nightmare trying to find a time to suit everyone I'm close to giving up! xx

meglet said...

Sorry I missed it!
Damn late shift.. I was out at Daylesford ironically at the launch of the new Tourism Victoria ads starring Isabel Lucas. Can't wait for your guys to see them, they are AMAZING!!
x