Saturday, 15 August 2009

Who Lives in a house like this?

We do! Our home is featured on Apartment Therapy today. Take a peek! If you click on the Enter House Tour link, there are lots more photos on another page.

While I did of course tidy up a little, not much 'styling' or staging went on for the shoot, partly because we are so busy at the moment with our recent trade fair and having no internet for a week (thanks a bunch, Telstra).

Ro came to do the photos just a few days ago and I was so excited when I saw them, I really love his work (have you seen Ro and Kim's mag, Thaw?).

Our home is not a very grand place with stunning architectural features, nor is it fitted out with designer furniture and expensive surfaces. It's just an old weatherboard full of stuff that our family loves and collects, so I hope you like it.

If you look carefully you might spot handmade goodies from a few fellow crafters like...

Kitschen Pink
Belle & Boo
Maiike
Wee Wonderfuls
Twiglet

and lots of Etsy finds.

The 'granny squares' lamp in my son's bedroom was a gift from Stav of My Messy Room


If you have found our blog through Apartment Therapy, hello and thanks for visiting our little corner of the world!

13 comments:

The Glamorous Housewife said...

How very cool! I have been following for at least a year and I am so excited to see your house in AP.

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous House

Beach Vintage said...

Looks great Allison. Congratulations.

acoustitch said...

Wow Allison - I've seen shots of your house here and there before but this is amazing! I love AP and have totally fallen in love with your house. Thanks for the sleepy smiley lion include. Dana xxx

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Allison I was so thrilled to read your tweet that you were on AT. I left a comment for you under primrose. You should get a feature in Country Style and Inside Out mag as well. I am in awe of the way you have all your lovely collections and NO CLUTTER! xx

Michelle said...

gorgeous...
love the pics...
and I think I would love to live in your house...with a fantastic mix of new and vintage goodness...

EmilyKate said...

Yours is just the kind of home I love... congrats on being featured, Apartment Therapy is ace

Cloudbusting said...

Your house is simply lovely!! I dont think Ive seen one quite so perfect before. Congrats on the feature too!

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi Allison your home looks wonderful and so welcoming.
Alison

Kitschen Pink said...

Ohh what a dreamy home you have! I could move in today! Thank-you for the mention sweetie! Haven't been around much during hols and have lots of catching up to do! t.xx

Adele said...

Wow what a lovely home. I like the idea of the display of crochet shapes on the wall, it really shows them off well. Brilliant feature.
ADELE

Marie said...

What a gorgeous house, it looks fab. I love the nod to England with the Cath Kidston wallpaper x

angela said...

Congratulations with apartment therapy, your photos look great and it was a great house tour!!

taylah_ said...

Your house is beautiful, and so unique. I love the character and charm, and how it doesn't feel at all 'clinical'.
seriously crushing on your vintage wall paper.
I was also super excited to find that my friend stocks Lark products in her store ( Child @ Play). So happy to have Local Lark.
:)xx