Friday, 18 September 2009

Busy Day

Yet another busy day here at Lark HQ.


On my way to the office I spotted that the Anglican Church was having a trash n' treasure so I picked up a few lovely linens plus some old tins, plates and books.


Took care of a few things at the new shop, then spent a good part of the day in Ballarat buying boring stuff like glass and poles. Had a lovely lunch at Café Bibo though.

I'm pleased with how the shop interior is coming along. Only 6 days until we open the doors!


When I got home I saw a preview of an interview and house feature we did for Australian Country Style, which will be in the shops in the next few days. I'll post more pics next week, I think it came out quite well! Phew.

12 comments:

Joanna said...

It all looks so fantastic.... how exciting starting out your own business... wishing you much luck & best wishes from here in blighty!

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

You devil. You mention that last bit so casually. I can't wait! I love both the Australian and UK country mags. I've been waiting for you to appear.xx

JazyJae's said...

Are you going to be open on the Sunday 27th? I'm visiting Mebourne from Sydney that week and we were hoping to get to Daylesford on the Sunday so I can explore the markets as wel as your new store!

yardage girl said...

How exciting - I can't wait until your shop opens. Any chance of a kids corner to keep little ones busy while mum shops? Do you know what days/hours you will be open yet? Best wishes for the next few days!

Melissa Ellen (Making Honey) said...

Good luck with your store Alison, it's looking amazing! Can't wait to come up one time and see it.

Jodie said...

So exciting Allison, I'll have to get myself over on opening day !!!

belleandboo said...

I can't wait too see more x

Violet and Rose said...

My copy of country style came in the mail today. Lovely! I especially like the shot of you and the boys with the cake! We are in Daylesford next week so will have to pop in to say hi and have a look.

PottyMouthMama said...

It looks wonderful! How exciting. The Country Style story is ace! Go you!

Donna said...

Can't wait to see it Allison. Make sure you post it on your blog for us non Oz based fans :-)

Oh by the way, did you know that the Stereophonics have called their new album 'Keep calm and carry on' based on the posters they have seen!!!

Kate said...

I just opened Country Style to you and everything looks wonderful!

Corrie said...

ohhh just popping in to tell you I always get country style and the shoot looks lovely! I got my copy this afternoon and I'm ready to move in to your house if thats ok with your husband! just kidding, lovely photos and article!

Corrie:)