Friday, 4 September 2009

Nominated!

Did I tell you that I was recently nominated for Australian Designer of the Year 2009?

It's an industry award run by Home Beautiful magazine, recognising 'excellence across a body of work' for the year. It was a bit of a surprise, I can tell you, but I think it is lovely that they nominated Lark when there are so many big and amazing design companies out there.

I think the award is announced in October, I am not expecting to be in the finals, I would probably fall off my chair in shock, but it's nice to have been nominated - thinking about it, I have never been nominated for anything in my life before. Hurrah! I'm off to enjoy the weekend, hope you enjoy it too.

14 comments:

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Well done to you! How rewarding. I wish you all the best with it. Fingers crossed!
Have a great weekend
Isabelle x

Kickcan and Conkers said...

Congratulations - that's quite an achievement!

Jodie said...

That's Fantastic and of course you should feel proud...
Can we vote by chance????

Lark said...

Thanks Jodie! I think it is judged by a panel rather than a public award. x

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

That is fantastic for your work to be publicly acknowledged. Fingers crossed for you, Allison. Enjoy your weekend. xx

Swift Jan said...

Congratualtions! I hope you make the finals xx

Kate said...

Wow Allison, that is fantastic, and well deserved! Have a great weekend.

CurlyPops said...

Congratulations, that's such exciting news! Good luck.

gingerwine said...

Wow! Big well done to you

fingers and toes crossed!
Sam xx

Anne said...

That's fantastic. Well deserved! Good luck to you.

cristy said...

Congratulations! That's fantastic. All the best with the process.

Kim said...

Congratulations! So exciting. Good luck for the finals. xo

Little L said...

Congratulations!!! I really hope you win because I love your products and your ethics! I myself am starting up a baby products business, and it would be an amazing honor to achieve what you have achieved! Well done!

Crayon Chick said...

That's so exciting, and very inspiring! Go Handmade!! And needless to say well deserved. Such great recognition for your hard work and endless passion for what you believe in. I can't wait to say "I know her!". Michelle