Wednesday, 16 September 2009

This post does not have any pretty pictures

I decided not to take my camera along when I went out for a walk today. I sometimes feel like I'm so busy snapping things for my blog that I forget to just live my real life.

I walked over to our new warehouse/shop in the town centre, and discovered it was a gorgeous breezy and sunny day, making it feel like Daylesford is the best place in the world to live. I saw Doug, the owner of Daylesford Bazaar, outside his shop and he told me he had found a mirror to put on the wall in our new shop. A real cutie too, a vintage round mirror with scalloped bevelled edges. But I'm sorry, I can't show you it as I didn't have my camera!

Strolled along further, listening to Come on Eileen on my ipod. At the warehouse, Steph was hand-painting a huge Lark sign to go outside (it looks awesome, but you'll just have to trust me), our seamstress B came along to measure up for the pretty blue and white stripe canopy she is making for over the window, Greg the builder was building a wall in the new office and Paul was putting up shelves in the shop. I dropped off some stuff, bought some things for lunch and then strolled back home listening to Geno, popping in to the Bazaar on the way to give Doug $20 for the mirror.

Now I am back at my desk, wishing I could be out in the sunshine all day!

7 comments:

Red Letter Studio said...

I miss your pictures! please take your camera next time :o)

~ Samone

Swift Jan said...

Yeah ditto ^.... Daylesford sound delish...

Kate said...

I love this post Allison. I have been thinking a lot lately about how dependant on my camera I have become to tell a story since starting my blog. You paint a great story with words.

vanessa said...

Wow Allison..having been to your gorgeous town and followed your steps I know exactly where you went on your walk today...so no need for the camera! When I get organised I must mail you with some pics and news of our visit :)
I know what you mean about the camera..I sometimes think of starting a blog and then worry about the time all the pretty pictures would take up...also exactly the reason why I love your blog!!
ps Come on Eileen is the BEST song :)
Vanessa (Newcastle)

trashalou said...

Oh those trumpets at the start of Geno! A girl could walk far just listening to those few bars.

Emma said...

I know what you mean about taking photos. Sometimes I take photos of dishes I cook while everyone waits to eat it...

I received another package from your store today! I think it must be from my Aunt in London. A crochet blanket and a set of knitted cakes. Such beautiful things! You are amazing.

belleandboo said...

Thats such a lovely post Allison it sounds like a wonderful community where you live x