Tuesday, 27 October 2009

Hooked

I don't know what it is, maybe it's the diet, maybe it's just because I am feeling all happy and content and loved, but I am really, really into cooking at the moment. I have been buying all kinds of cookbooks, I just can't stop, if I find a book with some lovely-looking food, a bit of vintage china, some cute photography, I am hooked! You can't get me away from that cash register! Here are three particular favourites that I have bought just this week and have been happily cooking from ...

Miss Dahl's Voluptuous Delights: Mmmm, comfort food, here we come. But look, it is reasonably healthy too, and certainly good for your soul, yay! And with lovely names like Tawny Granola and Teddy's Lettuce Soup!






Life Is Sweet: I have long been a huge fan and admirer of Hope & Greenwood's Confectionery Emporium in London. Miss Hope and Mr Greenwood make simply the best sweets, in the most delightful packaging. They are also rather charming people. At last they have put some of their secret recipes into a pretty book. Such marvellous delicacies as Rose and Violet Creams, Pulled Butter Toffee, Proper Peanut Brittle, Rhubarb & Custard Crumble Cups, Fluffy Vanilla Marshmallows and Cherry Chapel Hat pegs can be easily made with these splendid recipes.







The Thrifty Kitchen: I picked up this Aussie cookbook in a shop and was hooked. Written by Suzanne and Kate Gibbs (who come from a seriously famous foodie family), it is a warm and lovely guide to cooking beautiful meals in a thrifty and environmentally-conscious way. I have previously bought a lot of books on this topic, ranging from practical 'composting and chooks' books to student recipe books and 'how to use leftovers' books, but this is the first one that has really appealed to me as a foodie mum. It has yummy, family-oriented recipes, a focus on seasonality, and great photos.








I'm off to cook something right now!

9 comments:

Kate said...

I really love the look of that last one. Will have to go look it up. But how divine is that chooken egg cozy?!

Lisa said...

I borrowed the SD one from our library a while back and read it like a book, the writing was very informal and friendly.
Lisa

CurlyPops said...

I need to buy The Thrifty Kitchen. It looks like my perfect cookbook!

Kali said...

oh gosh, all these look rather good...and being such a big cook book lover, i'm feeling very very tempted!!

Hey Bambini said...

l love miss dahl's delights! xo

AnastasiaC said...

some good ones there!! i recently bought 'The Farm Chicks in the Kitchen' http://www.amazon.com/Farm-Chicks-Kitchen-Laugh-Often/dp/1588167291really cute!

Clara said...

They all look divine.... I may have to go feed a cash register myself now! One of my fave recipe books is Tessa Kiros's Apples for Jam - like these it looks beautiful and everything in it is scrummy. I have never cooked a dud meal from it yet. - Clara

angela said...

Those books look great!! I would love to get my hands on a copy of the Hope and Greenwood book, I really enjoyed visiting the shop in person with you!

crEATive said...
This comment has been removed by the author.