Sunday, 25 October 2009

My Place and Yours... the bedside

Here's what is currently at my bedside. Emergency Sex, the book I am reading for my monthly book club. It's about three UN peacekeepers in Somalia, Cambodia and Rwanda during the 1990s. I didn't think I would enjoy reading it but I am. Cup of tea. odd button.

My book pile. I never get enough time to read everything I would like to, so there is always a pile of magazines and books waiting for me by my bedside.

Next to the books is this pretty cabinet. It has some framed fragments of wallpaper that we found under the plaster when we renovated the house, a journal, a glass of water and my favourite perfumes (Daisy for Summer, Chanel 19 for anytime).

What's on your bedside? Play along here. And thanks to Pottymouthmama for this week's theme!

4 comments:

Beky said...

The book is heavy reading before bedtime. :-)
Oooo like the idea of placing fragments of wallpaper in frames. I suggest you send that idea to Real Living Magazine Letter's Section. They tend to give prizes etc. ;-)

yardage girl said...

Loving the framed wallpaper too - what a super idea. Thanks for sharing!

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

I love the cabinet. Daisy is my favourite summer as well and Chanel Coco for colder weather! That's what I love about book clubs. You come out of your comfort zone with reading and discover new treasures. xx

Beach Vintage said...

I love the framed wallpapers. So very pretty.