Friday, 23 October 2009

Stories

Today was a day of happy endings in our shop. A customer whose baby (now a lively 11-month-old) was born at only 28 weeks and spent 10 weeks in hospital; another customer who could not have children herself but has recently adopted a 3-month-old baby girl born to her autistic niece. And with only one day's notice, not the nine months most of us have, can you imagine? A local family moving back to the country after a year in the city. I also got to cuddle a beautiful 7-week-old girl while her mum shopped. Sigh. Hearing people's stories is an unexpected bonus that I had not even imagined when we decided to open a shop.

PLEASE NOTE: TOMORROW (SATURDAY 24 OCTOBER) THE LARK SHOP WILL BE CLOSED FOR MOST OF THE DAY DUE TO A FAMILY GET-TOGETHER. IT WILL BE OPEN AS USUAL FROM 10.30-4.00 ON SUNDAY.

2 comments:

Penny said...

Hooray for lovely customers! And thanks for the notice - I'm going camping in Daylesford this weekend and am excited to visit your shop - will come on Sunday instead!

Ngaire said...

I am glad we checked here before we came on the weekend. I would have been so disappointed if you were closed.
I absolutely loved your shop and love the purchases I made there.