Monday, 2 November 2009

At a loss...

After a minor hiccup (hic!) last week, this week's weigh-in meeting was successful. I have lost a further 2.5 kilos, making a total of 8.5 kilos over 8 weeks. Yay! I am quite at a loss (excuse the pun) as to how this has happened. This week I've been to two 'long lunches', 3 after-work drinks and a barbecue, and I haven't done any special exercise. But to give myself credit, I HAVE been trying pretty hard the rest of the time and I've been eating loads of veggies and pulses rather than cheese and pasta. I need to think about some healthy options for a Cup Day picnic tomorrow. I wont skimp on the bubbly though! No way.

9 comments:

Swift Jan said...

Well done! Congratulations! You are making me all inspired to start also :)

Vic said...

Oh that is so great to hear - you are doing so well!
Hurray for making better choices & feeling better with it!

Kre8ive Life said...

Well don. 8.5kg in 8 weeks is awesome. Living the healthy life is living the Kre8ive Life.

Polka Dot Daze said...

Oh well done! I think your body gets into momentum, and once you start losing it doesn't matter if you're a bit naughty sometimes. I too am trying to lose weight, but so far have only lost 3.1kgs.

Megan said...

Congrats thats so good! I have tried to start being healthy lately but need a little more motivation. Its good to see someone else reaching their goals for inspiration!

The Crafty Librarian said...

Yellowglen Jewel is low calorie and still a bubbly, if you want to try that! It's not too bad! Congrats on your weight loss, I know from experience how difficult it is!

KJ said...

Wow, well done you! I'm doing my own version of Weight Watchers, mixed up with a bit of Slimming World and Patrick Holford. It's 'sort-of' working.. I did succumb to that lovely Hope & Greenwood sweetie book that you mentioned mind you - yuuuuuuuumy.

Do you go to WW classes?

Nice to hear from you on my blog by the way! Keely xxx

Scurrette said...

you are doing amazingly well! Perhaps that too is what I need to give up.. cheeses, chocolate, pasta... wine!

Oh dear, I think I'll just stick to my half hearted attempt at the gym!

8.5kg in 8 weeks! That is inspiring! Go you!!

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Go girl go! And yes there is some great low cal wines around. Lindemans as a great range. Enjoy! xox