Friday, 6 November 2009

The Bowling Club

I love our local bowling club. Once every couple of weeks the four of us go for a family meal at the 'Bowls and Bistro' restaurant. It's not Daylesford at its gourmet finest, but we don't care. The food is good, homely and filling. The decor is a bit daggy, but we like that. I like looking at the champions' boards. There is always at least one family celebrating a birthday or anniversary. It's the kind of place where my parents always took me and my sisters for special occasions. Last time we went to the Bowling Club, we won a bottle of wine in the raffle. Sometimes I can see us here, one day in the future, when the boys have long left home and are visiting us from uni or the city or wherever they live. Maybe with their own families. We'll go to the Bowling Club and have a large glass of house red, and sticky date pudding for afters. This is the kind of place where family memories are made, and I like that.

5 comments:

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Sounds like my kind of place. I miss places like this I used to go to in Tasmania. They always served wonderful counter meals. Now I am feeling nostalgic! Enjoy your weekend, Allison. I will try to find time to catch up with all your adventures in the next few days. xx

CurlyPops said...

Reminds me of the country.... do they have Mixed Grill on the menu?

Miss Shivi said...

Why is it called a Bowling Club if it's a restaurant?!

:D

Isis said...

i love bowls clubs, almost as much as i love bingo! i should have been born 40 yrs earlier

jqline said...

Sounds like a wonderful homely cozy place filled with good memories! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

jacqueline
http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/