Sunday, 15 November 2009

Daylesford Sunday Market





The market was good today, lots of stalls that we haven't seen before. Jacob and I found something for everyone in the family, including dog biscuits for Jim.

This pretty ballerina mirror was one of my best finds, and a huge punnet of fresh local strawberries.

Some old children's books at 20 cents each.

I couldn't resist buying rolls and rolls of this vintage braid. It came from a lady whose mother used to make traditional German-style dresses.

Jacob scored big time with a cuddly Chewbacca. The man on the stall reduced it to $5 - this always happens to Jacob, he has such a shy demeanour and sweet face that he often scores bargains or free stuff! It's an original toy from the first Star Wars film, which is very popular in our household at the moment!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

My heart skipped a beat when I saw the vintage braid! & I thought I hope you bought some/all of them!: they are just so beautiful.

Kate said...

Oh that braid! I love it, it makes me think of Heidi.

lozza said...

i agree with the other ladies...the braid is wonderful! have fun creating with it! by the way...i really like reading your blog! x

CurlyPops said...

Oh wow, that vintage braid is amazing. Such a fabulous find!

Bek said...

I love the braid too. And Chewy. We are quite fond of him at my place too!

gingerwine said...

I love chewy...I even had to show the pic to my husband who loves...I mean LOVES the 'wars'

Sam x;0)

Beky said...

I love my Star Wars too. I used to be on the Star Wars Australian Fan Club committee. Your son has good taste. :-)

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

I love the ballerina mirror. I would have grabbed that for sure. xx

belleandboo said...

that Chewbacca is a hoot !

Couch-CROCHET-Crumbs said...

Hello, just found this blog post regarding daylesford market and I thought I'd ask if you think the things on my blog and etsy store would do well at the markets there?

Any input is appreciated!


www.couchcrochetcrumbs.blogspot.com
www.etsy.com/couchcrochetcrumbs

Thankyou, and I really like that braid! X